Benefits of Abacus Training
Can your six year old perform simple mathematical calculations? I am sure he /she can. But have you ever witnessed a six year old doing operations like 9854+7678+4786-2390 =? Faster than a calculator? I have! And yes, it’s possible.
Abacus – is a device just like any other manipulative that your child uses in school. Invented by the Chinese some 2500 years ago, it spread across many other Asian countries and has been proven to be a great brain development tool. Abacus helps in making complex arithmetical calculations very smoothly without the use of a calculator. Kids who start early with abacus training during the formative years, develop amazing skills in logic and understanding. They achieve long term success in all areas of life with improved ability of observation and concentration.
- Mathematics is exercise of the brain. The very first thing that inculcates with the start of an abacus based program is development of calculating skills and speed. Kids who use abacus become proficient problem solvers. Only 30 minutes of everyday practice can help the child perform complex calculations within seconds. ALOHA being the best abacus training program opens the mind and expands the brain’s capacity.
- Mathematics builds the ability of lateral thinking. Abacus training includes hand eye co-ordination, which stimulates the right side of the brain. Multi tasking is not difficult for such kids. Your child will perform equally well in sports or origami or music also if he is good with the abacus. They develop the capability of thinking out of the box, ultimately making them more creative!
- Abacus training builds a positive attitude towards Math. By the time kids reach middle school, most of them start getting this feel that math isn’t their cup of tea. Then begins the downfall. It is really important to keep them up with positivity and confidence and abacus training surely helps here. They learn the power of endurance. Religiously practicing everyday on the abacus teaches patience and helps them get a better tomorrow.
- Every time a child solves a problem mentally, he is in deep concentration. Each problem makes the child more focused, sharp and strong. They start visualizing the movement of beads in the mind itself and at this stage they do not use the abacus manually. With great concentrating capabilities they ultimately start applying logic in their everyday lives also.
- Abacus learners have excellent auditory skills and a photographic memory. They listen to numbers, visualize the abacus in their mind and solve the problem. The repetition of this method builds a strong memorizing capability within the child.
If you wish to have a genius kid, nothing can help more than abacus based training - A playful way of learning an amazing skill. Any age group can learn this without difficulty but it’s always good to start early. If kids get boosted towards honing their mathematical skills at an early age, they tend to become extremely confident individuals. With its increasing popularity we can now see a lot of kids being benefitted by this amazing tool. Live demonstrations by abacus geniuses can make us understand in a better way how it really helps.
Mr. Prakash Marathe from Surat whose child goes for Aloha mental arithmetic classes says, “Learning power of my child has multiplied, thus making him calmer and focused.” Math can be a child’s play if we get rid of the rote methods and make it more interesting for our new generation. It can be as beautiful and interesting as art! Abacus training gives us an opportunity to understand this fact and gives us a new methodology that can broaden the horizon of our kids.